Data Protection Statement
Last updated October 2022, see also the previous version
Data protection information for individuals using our website
As a user of our website, Fresenius Vial SAS (“we”) will collect and use certain personal data from you.
This data protection statement informs you about the processing of personal data when visiting our website.
We also inform you that our website includes links to external sites which are not covered by this privacy statement. Your visit to such websites is subject to the respective privacy statement of this website.
1- Why we collect and use your Data
We collect and use your data for the following purposes :
- To validate, handle and respond to you based upon your inquiry or request
- To distribute the information/documentation to the persons concerned
- To fulfill our compliance requirements under medical devices
- To make the website work for the device you use it on
- To provide the best possible service to you and enhance your user experience
- To optimize our website
2- What Data we collect and how we do that
We may collect and use your personal data in the following situations:
When visiting our website
We collect data of your visit to our site. We do this to present the website optimized to the device you are using and with all its functions or to store your preferences for your current or future browsing sessions.
We collect the following internet protocol data during your visits on our website :
- The name of your service provider including IP address
- The website that directed you to our site
- Your web browser type, and
- The date of your visit.
We also collect information about your activity:
- Audit trail for any modification made on the website
- Date, downloaded softwares and documentations
Information we collect by using cookies
Your cookie settings are always related to the web browser you are using, and the settings have no effect if you use a different web browser upon your next use of this website. Alternatively, you can manage the settings of your web browser or on your mobile device. Here you can delete cookies at your own discretion at any time.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
This type of cookies is required to make the website work. They are exclusively used by us during the session and are therefore so called first party session cookies.
They help to make the page load more quickly and to limit the number of sessions originating from a user to prevent a website-overload.
They remain valid during the session and are automatically deleted when you close the browser.
We use a "cookie notifier" cookie, which saves your acknowledgment of the usage of cookies on our website. It is saved automatically upon your click on one of the two options available. Your acceptance of our cookies is stored for one day from the acceptance date.
We don’t use Analytical cookies on this website.
Information you provide to us
We collect and process data you actively provided to us for instance when filling in online forms or when contacting us by other means of communication such as e-mail, telephone or mail. This may include:
- First and last name
- Contact and address information (including address data, e-mail address, phone number)
- Type of request and possible further information for the purpose of responding to your inquiry.
3 - Legal basis for processing your Data
We process your personal data on one or more of the following legal basis:
- The processing is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data (Art. 6.1 f GDPR). These legitimate interests are:
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- to provide information on our products and services via a working and optimized website.
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for us in order to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to (Art. 6.1 c GDPR)
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract (to be) concluded between you and us (Art. 6.1 b GDPR).
4- We share your Data
We collaborate with other organizations to achieve our purposes. Therefore, we may send your personal data in parts or as a whole to other organizations.
- Other Fresenius Group companies if such a transfer of personal data is required for the specific purpose (Please refer to the overview of the locations in which Fresenius Kabi Group companies are active)
- Service providers which process personal data on our behalf (e.g. for hosting and license management) and have to follow our instructions on such processing; these service providers will not be allowed to use your personal data for other than our purposes
- Authorities, courts, parties in a litigation in case we are required to do so to meet any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Auditors or similar external consultants like lawyers or tax advisers
International data transfers
We may send your personal data in parts or as a whole to Fresenius Group recipients in countries, which are not member states of the European Union or to international organizations, for the purposes listed above. Please refer to the overview of the locations in which Fresenius Kabi Group companies are active.
We may send data to the following countries for which the European Commission has determined an adequate level of data protection to be in place that matches the level of data protection within the European Union for the following countries / international organizations in which Fresenius entities are established: Argentina, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland or Uruguay.
With regards to such international data transfers to third countries, for which the European Commission has not decided that an adequate level of data protection exists, we have provided appropriate safeguards in order to secure your personal data to a degree that equals the level of data protection in the European Union.
These safeguards are:
- For the exchange of data within our company: our Binding Corporate Rules for Controllers
- For the exchange of data with our service providers and other international organizations: Standard Contractual Clauses that have been issued by the European Commission
5- How Long We Retain Your Data
We undertake not to process your personal data any longer than required by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
6- Requests, Inquiries and Complaints
Depending on the situation you have certain rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request rectification of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data
- Data portability
- Object on grounds specific to your situation
You can exercise these rights by sending an Email to our Local Data Privacy Advisor or our Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Local Data Privacy AdvisorFresenius Vial SAS
Le Grand Chemin
Data Protection Officer (DPO):Fresenius Kabi AG
Data Protection Officer
61352 Bad Homburg
Supervisory authority :Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3, PL de Fontenoy,
7- Further Information for Specific Situations
Requirements to provide personal data
Your personal data is required to make the website accessible to you and to be able to follow up on your inquiry.
If you do not provide your personal data, the website will not work, and we may not be able to respond to or properly process your request.
Changes to this data protection statement
As our collection and use of your data may change over time, we may also modify this data protection statement to always correctly reflect our data processing practices. We encourage you to review it from time to time.
8- Controller and ContactThe controller and responsible entity for processing of personal data is:
Fresenius Vial SAS
Le Grand chemin
Phone : 04.76.67.10.10
Email : email@example.com